How do departmental administrators view and save Legacy Course Evaluations results?
IMPORTANT: Access to Legacy Course Evaluations will be removed on 12/1/2022.
If you need to save student responses for any courses offered between Fall 2003 - Fall 2010 for future reference such as tenure and promotion, please follow the steps below to download them prior to 12/1/2022.
What are Legacy Course Evaluations?
Course Evaluations (Legacy) is the tool within UVACollab used from Fall 2003 - J-Term 2020 to collect evaluations from students with questions from four categories:
- Provost (Institutional): Same questions for all courses.
- School: School-based questions for all courses in that school.
- Department: Departmental questions for all courses in a specific department.
- Instructor: Instructor-created questions for individual courses.
All questions except instructor questions for the last 10 years (J-Term 2011 - J-Term 2020) were migrated to Blue, the new evaluation tool currently in use. You can find steps to access evaluations in the new system on the Course Evaluations Home and FAQ page (opens new window) and get assistance by contacting the Course Evaluations Support team at [email protected].
Note: Course Evaluations Administrators do not have access to instructor-created questions; responses to these questions are private to the instructors who created them. Please encourage instructors who wish to keep responses to their questions to follow the steps to download their evaluations results.
Go to Home.
When you first log into UVACollab, you are placed in your Home site automatically. If you are viewing another UVACollab site, select the Home tab in the favorites bar at the top of the screen, or in your My Sites list, to access it.
Select Course Evaluations (Legacy).
The Course Evaluations (Legacy) link is located near the bottom of the tool menu in your Home site. Select it to access your departmental course evaluations results, as well as results for courses you taught, for which evaluations were created.
Select Access course evaluation results.
Under Course Evaluation Departmental/School Results, select Access course evaluation results.
Select a term.
Select a term, for example 2016 Spring, to access the evaluation results for that term.
How can I save my department's evaluations results?
You have two options for saving evaluations. Select the link below to skip to the steps for that option.
Download a PDF of results for all courses.
- PDF with Comparison Categories will download a PDF of the summary of results for all courses. Comparison Categories with the statistics for the responses to Provost questions for all courses in the department are repeated in each course's results.
- PDF without Comparison Categories will download a PDF of the results summary without the departmental statistics.
Save the PDF on your computer.
After opening the PDF, use the Download or Print option in your browser or PDF viewer to save a copy of the PDF to your computer.
Note: Available options for saving a PDF will vary depending on your internet browser settings and the PDF viewer where the browser opens the PDF. Pictured above is the PDF viewer in Chrome browser.
Download a CSV File.
- To obtain a CSV file with results for all courses, right-click (on a PC) or Ctrl-click (on a Mac) on the Download CSV File link and choose Save Link As..., Save target as..., or Save As... (wording varies by internet browser).
- Name the file with a .csv suffix, for example, viewAdminResultsCSV.csv.
- If a file type is indicated, choose All Files instead.
- Save the file to your computer.
Once you have the CSV file on your computer, you can open it with any spreadsheet program, such as Excel.
Note: The screen shot above displays saving the csv file on a Windows computer. The Save screen may look different depending on your computer operating system.