How do I send messages to the Site Email address?
You must have appropriate permissions in a site to be able to send email to the site email address.
- Collaboration Sites: By default, anyone in the Owner, Administrator and Member roles may send email to a collaboration site email address.
- Course Sites: By default, anyone in the Instructor, Secondary Instructor, or Teaching Assistant roles may send email to a course site email address. Students do not have permission to send email to a course site email address by default. Instructors may permit students in the site to send email to the site address by enabling the Send email to the site permission for the Student role under Site Email > Permissions in the site.
To send a message, you must use the email address associated with the account through which you have been added to the site. In most cases, this is your UVA email address. If the default email client on your computer or device is not configured to send email from this address, you will need to copy and paste the site email address into a new message in the email tool of your choice.
- A UVA account requires a deliverable email address in order to be able to send emails to UVACollab sites. Refer to the ITS Address Management System (AMS) site for more information about setting up a deliverable address.
- You cannot use Site Email to send mail to particular individuals. To send messages to individual participants or a group, use either the Announcements tool or the Messages tool.
- Below the Options and Permissions tabs near the top of the page, a message will indicate whether your account is authorized to send email to the site email address. If your account is authorized, your email address that is authorized to send email will be listed as well.
- If your account is authorized, the site email address will be listed directly below the authorization message. Click on the site email address to send a message to this email address using the default email software on your computer, or copy and paste the address into the email tool of your choice.
Note: If you click on the site email address, your default email software will open to allow you to compose a message. If this email client is not configured to send email from the address registered to your UVACollab account, you will need to copy and paste the site email address into a new message in the email tool of your choice.