How do I create an assessment from a question pool to export from UVACollab?
You can create an assessment from a question pool so the questions can be exported from UVACollab. This will allow you to save the questions on your computer and/or have them imported into UVACanvas.
This article describes how to easily select all questions from a question pool to include in an assessment in a random order. Alternatively, you can follow the steps in How do I copy questions to an assessment from a question pool? to select specific questions from a pool. Selecting and copying specific questions will also allow you to choose how they are organized within the assessment.
Note: If you have several question pools that each include a relatively small number of questions (e.g., 10-20 questions per pool), you can combine them into a single assessment. However, we recommend creating each assessment with a maximum of 100 questions to ensure that the assessment can be easily accessed for editing and reuse after it is imported into UVACanvas.
Go to Tests & Quizzes.
Select Tests & Quizzes from the tool menu in your site.
Select the Add tab.
Create an assessment from scratch.
When you start to create an assessment, the Create from Scratch radio button will be selected by default. Leave this option selected.
Enter a title.
Enter an Assessment Title in the box provided.
Tip: We recommend naming the assessment so you will be able to identify it easily after it has been imported into another learning management system, such as UVACanvas. For example, if you are setting up an assessment with questions from a question pool named Chapter 1 questions, you might enter Question Pool - Chapter 1 questions for the title.
Note: You cannot have more than one assessment with the same title.
At the bottom of the page, select Continue.
Select Edit Part.
You will be taken to a page to add questions. To the right of Part 1 Default - 0 questions, select the Edit Part button.
Edit the title and/or add information. (Optional)
- If you plan to include multiple question pools in the same assessment, we recommend changing the part's Title from Default to a name that will make it easy to identify the corresponding question pool.
- You may enter a brief description or instructions into the Information field. If you are preparing the assessment for use in UVACanvas, this text will be included in the imported assessment as instructions for students.
- To provide additional resources related to the part or its questions, select Add Attachments to browse for and upload a file.
Select Random draw from question pool.
For the part Type, choose Random draw from question pool.
Enter the number of questions and select the pool.
- Enter the total number of questions that are included in the question pool into the text box provided. For example, if you are copying questions from a pool that includes 12 questions, enter 12.
- Select the question pool from the drop-down menu listing available pools.
Enter a point value for each question.
Enter a number of point(s) into the Correct answers are worth box. A point value is required.
Note: Point values entered here override any value that was saved for individual questions in a corresponding question pool.
Save the part.
At the bottom of the page, select Save.
You will be returned to the assessment editing screen with the Random draw question set shown.
Add questions from another question pool. (Optional)
If the question pool you selected above included a relatively small number of questions, you can add questions from another question pool to the same assessment.
Select Add Part.
To add all the questions from another question pool into the same assessment, select the Add Part button in the Actions menu near the top of the screen.
Enter a title and set up the new part.
- Enter a Title in the box provided.
- Add information or file attachments. (Optional)
Then, follow the steps above, starting with the step Select Random draw from question pool, to choose the pool from which to add questions.