What is the Tests & Quizzes tool?
Tests & Quizzes allows you to create online assessments, including tests, quizzes, assignments with automatically-graded questions, and anonymous surveys, for delivery to students or other groups.
Tests & Quizzes offers many settings to control how assessments are delivered, such as dates and time limits, assessment layout, and feedback provided to participants.
Note: For instructions to add this or any other tool to your site, see How do I add a tool to my site?
Tests & Quizzes allows site administrators to:
- Create online assessments, assignments, and surveys.
- Select from a wide variety of question types and automatic scoring settings.
- Randomize questions and/or answer options within questions.
- Create question pools to save and reuse questions.
- Automatically generate assessments from a random selection of questions in a question pool.
- Control access to assessments using dates and time limits.
- Release assessments to specific groups or anonymous users.
- Review submission scores and answer statistics.
- Grade by student or by question.
- Specify what types of feedback will be delivered and when.
The student view of Tests & Quizzes includes two sections:
- Take an Assessment - Assessments currently available for you to take, their time limit (if they have a time limit) and their due date/time,
- Submitted Assessments - Assessments you have submitted, with scores and Feedback links if your instructor has made feedback available.
Note: Assessments which are past the due date but still available for late submissions will appear in the list with the Due Date/Time shown in red, and a (late) indicator. Assessments which are not currently available do not show up in the Take an Assessment list at all.
For more information on taking assessments and viewing feedback, see:
The instructor view of Tests & Quizzes includes two tabs that will display assessments which have been created and published:
- Working Copies - Drafts that can be edited,
- Published Copies - Assessments that will be or have been made available to students.
For more information about authoring and administering assessments, see: