How do I create a course site using the Quick Guide?
The Site Builder Quick Guide asks you questions about your course to recommend appropriate tools.
Tip: Site Builder also includes other options for creating a site:
- From Scratch - Review the available tools and select the choices best suited for your needs to create a fully customized site.
- From Template - Create a site based on a template—a suite of tools and content assembled to work together to enhance collaboration, teaching, and learning.
- From Previous Site - Copy tools and content from another site you created.
When you first log into UVACollab, you are placed in your Home site. If you are viewing another UVACollab site, select the Home tab in the favorites bar at the top of the screen, or in your My Sites list, to access it.
- Select the academic term, e.g., 2022 Spring. If you are listed as an instructor or teaching assistant in the Student Information System (SIS), any rosters that are assigned to you for the selected term will be displayed.
- To add multiple sections of a course to a single site, select the Add all sections toggle.
- To add individual rosters to the site, select the Add roster toggle for each roster.
- To remove a group of selected sections, select the Added all toggle.
- To remove a selected roster, select the Added toggle.
- Whether you will need to enter a site title depends on your selected roster(s):
- If you selected a single course roster, or several sections of the same course, the name of your course will be automatically filled with the name of the course in SIS. You may edit this title if desired.
- If you did not select a roster to add to the site, or if you selected several rosters with different course names in SIS, enter a meaningful name for your course in the box provided.
- Select Continue.
The Quick Guide will walk you through a series of questions about your course to provide tool recommendations. For each question:
- Select each applicable answer by clicking on it with a mouse, or navigating to the answer with the Tab key on your keyboard and using the spacebar to select it.
- If none of the answers apply, select Skip to skip the question.
- Select Next to move to the next question.
Site Builder will display a recommended toolset based on your answers to the questions.
- If you do not want to include a recommended tool in your site, select the Remove this tool (X) button.
- Select More Info to view a description of the tool.
- Select Save Draft to create your site as an unpublished site.
- Select Publish Site to give your participants access as soon as the site has been created.