Kaltura Features List
My Media and Media Gallery are associated tools that allow you to upload, share, and collaborate on video, audio, and image files. My Media is found in your Home site, and you may add Media Gallery to your course or collaboration site.
The lists below describe:
- Features available in both My Media and Media Gallery
- Features available only in My Media
- Features available only in Media Gallery
Refer to these vendor user guides for steps on using features in the tools:
Tip: For a visual chart displaying the information on this page, see the Kaltura Features Chart.
- Upload media (videos, images, audio). A file's visibility depends on where you upload it:
- My Media: Private by default.
- Media Gallery: Published to the site and viewable by site participants by default.
- Edit media.
- Enable an option to download media.
- View a list of sites in which a media item is published.
- Permanently delete media from ALL sites where it appears.
- Add co-editors and/or co-publishers (collaborators) to your media.
- Change media owner.
- View analytics.
- Create video quizzes. See What is a video quiz, and how can I use it? for more information.
- Disable or close comments on media in ALL sites where that media appears. (Comments are enabled by default to boost engagement.)
- Disabling comments hides all existing comments and prevents new ones from being posted.
- Closing comments leaves previous comments visible in sites where they were posted but prevents additional comments from being added.
- Status (published vs. private),
- Editing options (media I own or media owned by someone else that I can publish or edit).
Webcam and screen recordings: To record and upload to My Media, use Personal Capture (downloaded application that runs on your desktop). See the Personal Capture User Guide (opens new window) for steps to use it.
- Remove media from the current site only.
- Organize media in Playlists.
- Moderate uploads, requiring site participants' uploaded media to be approved before it is made visible to everyone in the site.
- Enable an option to embed media in external sites.