How do I embed a video or audio file from Resources in the Rich-Text Editor?
Media Gallery is the recommended tool for uploading and embedding video and audio files in the Rich-Text Editor. For more information, see What is the Media Gallery tool?
However, if you have a video or audio file stored in Resources, you can also embed it using the editor. Video and audio file types that can be embedded include .MP3, .FLV, .F4V, .MP4, .3GPP, .M4V or .MOV files.
For information on making video and audio files accessible, see How can I make videos and audio files more accessible?
See How do I upload files to Resources or File Drop? for more information on uploading.
Position your cursor in the editor at the location where you want to embed the video or audio.
The Movie Properties window pops up. Select Browse Server in the Movie Properties window.
The Server Browser window will pop up, displaying content in the current site's Resources tool.
- Select the name of the folder that contains the video or audio file. This will expand the folder contents.
- Select the name of the video or audio file you want to embed.
- Click the OK button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
- The Movie Properties dialog box will display the link to the video or audio file in the URL box
- By default, the embedded media player will have a Width of 320 pixels and a Height of 240 pixels. You can enter new values to adjust the size of the player as needed. For audio files, it is recommended to set the Height to 35 so the audio player does not display a large, black box above the play button, pause button and other controls.
In the editor, the embedded video or audio file will display as a box marked MOVIE.
Select the Preview button in the Rich-Text Editor to preview your video in another internet browser tab or window. The Preview button looks like a paper with a magnifying glass.