What is the VoiceThread tool?
A new version of VoiceThread's assignments option will be enabled for UVA faculty, staff, and students on Saturday, June 19. Explore the introductory announcement (opens new window) to learn more.
VoiceThread allows you to create, present, discuss, and annotate media.
VoiceThreads are interactive slideshows that you create by uploading and linking documents, pictures, videos, and/or audio files. You and others with whom you share a VoiceThread can engage with the material and discuss it by adding text, audio, or video comments to the slides.
Note: For instructions to add this or any other tool to your site, see How do I add a tool to my site?
- Create a VoiceThread slideshow including slides, documents, pictures, videos, and/or audio.
- Comment on any VoiceThread shared with them, via text, audio, or video comment.
- Control the sharing of VoiceThreads they create.
- Use the Lessons tool to link to individual VoiceThreads or collections of VoiceThread content.
- Use the Lessons tool to create VoiceThread assignments that require students to watch, interact with, or create their own content.
- Grade VoiceThread assignments and send grades to the Gradebook.
For a complete list of features and instructions to use VoiceThread, see the UVA Voicethread Setup & Use Google doc (opens new window).
Tip: VoiceThread assignments can only be created within Lessons. For more information, see How do I add a VoiceThread assignment to a lesson page?
To access this tool, select VoiceThread from the Tool Menu in your site.
Get additional help.
Questions about adding VoiceThread or VoiceThread assignments to your site can be addressed to [email protected].
For help using features in VoiceThread and creating assignments, visit the VoiceThread Support site (opens new window) or VoiceThread Tutorials (opens new window).