How do I enable grade syncing in iClicker Cloud for my course?
After the iClicker Cloud tool has been added to your site, it will need to be configured for your class. This will allow you to sync grades from iClicker activities into Gradebook.
Students will also be able to register their iClicker accounts with the course.
Note: Only those in the Instructor role will be able to complete these steps.
Before configuring the iClicker Cloud tool in UVACollab, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Create an iClicker account (opens new window) if you don't already have one.
- Create your Course in iClicker Cloud (opens new window).
- Add the iClicker Cloud tool to your UVACollab site by following the steps in How do I add a tool to my site? (opens new window).
After logging into iClicker, the course will appear on the Courses page. Select the title of the course you want to configure. In this example, we will select the title 23Sp CIS 1030.
By default, the instructions to connect your iClicker course to Canvas will appear. Select the Switch to LTI Integration link near the lower right corner of the page to continue connecting to your UVACollab site.
- Scroll down on the page to find the Course-specific LTI link.
- Select Copy Link to copy the Course-specific LTI link to the clipboard of your computer. This link will be used when configuring the iClicker Cloud tool in your UVACollab site.
Tip: Select the Email a reminder to unregistered students when I sync grades (recommended) option to send a message to any students who have not registered for the iClicker course when syncing grades.
Select iClicker Cloud from the tool menu of the site.
- On the Customize Web Content page, paste the copied Course-specific LTI link into the Launch URL field using the Paste command on your computer (CTRL + V on a PC or Command + V on a Mac).
- Select Update Options to save.
The iClicker Cloud tool has now been configured and you are ready to sync grades. For steps to sync grades, see How do I update Gradebook with iClicker grades?