How do I customize captions in Media Gallery?
In Media Gallery, you can customize the styling of captions while watching a video. You can change the size, color, font, and background color of the captions. These adjustments can help make the captions easier to read.
Note: The video must have closed captions in order for these features to work. Content owners can enable closed captions by following steps in How can I make audio or video more accessible?
Select the Closed Captions (CC) button at the bottom right of the video player.
Note: The Closed Captions (CC) button will only appear if the video has captions enabled.
There are three presets for caption styles:
- White text over a black background (this is the default setting).
- Black text over a white background.
- Yellow text over a black background.
To create a custom style, select Edit custom captions.
Choose one of the following options to customize the captions style:
Select one of the options to adjust the style. You can see a preview of the changes at the bottom of the player.
When you are done making changes, select the X button in the top right corner of the player to return to the video.
- Select the Play button to play the video.
- If you haven't enabled captions yet, select the Closed Captions (CC) button.
- Select one of the language options (i.e., English [auto]) from the menu that appears.
Note: If you had captions enabled before making these changes, you may need to play the video for a few seconds before the changes appear.