What is the Poll Everywhere tool?
Poll Everywhere allows you to create polls or activities that encourage audience participation, whether that be in an online class or departmental meeting. A Poll Everywhere activity is a single question or prompt. Activities include:
- Multiple-choice - where the selection options are provided.
- Open-ended - allows participants to respond to a question with a written answer.
- Clickable Image - defined regions in the image are marked as correct.
- Ranking - allows participants to move options into a desired order, and submit the reordered list as one response.
- Q&A - participants can submit open-ended responses (questions or ideas), then up-vote or down-vote other submissions.
- Surveys - ask participants multiple questions at the same time.
Audience members respond using specific instructions that are displayed live. Instructions can include going to a Poll Everywhere presenter web page or sending a text to one of the provided numbers.
Note: For instructions to add this or any other tool to your site, see How do I add a tool to my site?
Poll Everywhere Features
Site administrators can:
- Create different polling activities such as multiple-choice, open-ended questions, surveys, and more!
- Customize how the audience responds.
- Test the poll before activation.
- Display a poll directly from a PowerPoint slide.
- Share poll results live via a URL or download a spreadsheet to share at a later time.
- Visit the Presenter Guide (opens new window)
Instructors can also:
- Import class roster.
- Grade multiple choice or clickable image polls.
- Visit the Instructor Guide (opens new window)
- Respond via the web, mobile app, or texting.
- View full history of the polls you have responded to.
- Visit the Student Guide (opens new window)
To access this tool, select Poll Everywhere from the Tool Menu in your site.
Get Additional Help
Questions about adding Poll Everywhere to your site can be addressed to [email protected].
For help with Poll Everywhere, visit the vendor's Support Center (opens new window), contact them by email, [email protected], or call (800) 388-2039.