How do I copy a video or audio file in My Media?
You can use the editing tools in My Media to copy a video or audio file.
Creating a copy of a file will allow you to:
- Schedule each copy to be available to viewers at different dates,
- Or use a separate copy of a video quiz in each course so submissions for each course can be viewed separately.
Note: Images and YouTube videos cannot be copied.
When you first log into UVACollab, you are placed in your Home site. If you are viewing another UVACollab site, select the Home tab in the favorites bar at the top of the screen, or in your My Sites list, to access it.
- By default, the new media will be titled Clip of with the name of the copied file, e.g., Clip of Wildlife Video. Edit this title if desired.
- Select Create.
A message will appear indicating that the file was successfully saved.
- You may select the Media Page link to access the new file's page or My Media to return to the main page of My Media.
- Alternatively, select OK to continue editing the older copy of the file.
Note: It will take some time for your new file to be created. If a Media is being processed message displays when you visit the media page, you may need to wait a few minutes and refresh the page to view it.