How do I create a plain text document in Resources or File Drop?
You can create a plain text document in Resources or File Drop. These documents could be used to store notes for a group or provide instructions to students or members.
- To the right of the folder where you would like to place the text document, select the Actions menu.
- Select Create Text Document.
Note: On mobile devices or small screens, the Actions menu displays as a down arrow icon.
- On the Create Text Document page, enter (or paste) text into the text box.
- Select Continue.
- Enter a File Name for the document in the box provided.
- If desired, add other details (e.g., a Description, Copyright Status, Availability and Access information). For more information about optional file details, see:
Note: The File Name box will be pre-filled with new_document.txt. You should enter a meaningful name to make the document accessible.
You can choose to send an automatic email notification to site participants with a link to the file you have created.
By default, No notification is sent. Select High - All participants to send an email to everyone in your UVACollab site who can access the file. Select Low - Not received by those who have opted out to send an email only to those who have chosen to receive Resources notifications in their preferences.
Note: If the file is created in a folder that is only available to a specific group, only members of that group will receive the email notification.