How do I download assignments for grading offline?
You may choose All to select all of the download options, or select only some of them by placing a check mark next to an individual item or items. The options available for download are:
- Student submission text (original student submitted text, possibly containing instructor added comments)
- Student submission attachment(s)
- Grade file (either in CSV or Excel format)
- Feedback text (the inline comments with student submission)
- Feedback comments (comments.txt file if available in student's folder. Comments are put into the Instructor Comments field for each student's submission)
- Feedback Attachment(s)
- Save all selected download options in one folder (selecting this option will create one folder for the assignment instead of creating a separate folder for each student. The folder that is created with this feature CANNOT be uploaded back into Assignments.)
Once you have selected which items you would like to download, you can also choose to Include students who have not yet submitted.
Click the Download button to save the files your computer. The assignment files will download as an archive file, or .zip file, to your local computer.
The archive file has the default name of the assignment's title with the date and time stamp appended. In this example:
Week 1 Homework_20210914092108.zip
Extract the archive to a location on your computer. (You can do this by right-clicking on the file and selecting Extract All in Windows, or by using your preferred unzipping program on your computer.)
When you are ready to enter student grades, open either the grades.csv or grades.xls file, within the assignment folder.
For information on how to make saved grades and comments available to students, see How do I upload graded assignment submissions and feedback?