How do I view user activity in my site?
The User Activity tab in Statistics allows site Instructors/Owners to search events for a participant in the site, within a specified period of time. Search criteria can be restricted to only show the activity within a particular tool for the participant.
User Activity searches can be used to check a student's activity in their site. For example, instructors could use a search to confirm that a student accessed an assessment prior to the deadline.
Important: The Statistics tool begins recording events after it has been added to a site. Any events prior to the tool being added will not be included in the search results.
On the User Activity tab, select the following:
- User - from the drop-down menu, select a participant.
- Tool - from the drop-down menu, select one of the available tools in the site or leave the default, All tools, in place to search events from all tools in the site.
- Date Range - enter the range of time you would like to search for events. Select the calendar icon next to the date field to choose a new date and time in the date-picker window.
- Select Search.
Events for the specified participant during the time period indicated will be displayed in three columns:
- Date - The date and time of the event. Select the column header to sort by date, ascending or descending.
- Event - A brief description of the event performed by the participant.
- Details - Where available, select Show more to view more information about the event.