What is the Web Link tool?
Web Link allows you to add a link to a website or to a Resources folder or file in your UVACollab site's Tool Menu.
Popular uses of the Web Link tool include:
- Collaborative document editing: Embed a file such as a Google doc in your site for participants to contribute to it.
- Linking to external websites: Give site participants easy access to external websites, such as news sites, dictionaries, or other reference materials.
- Linking to important resources: Give site participants easy access to a specific folder or file in your site's Resources.
Note: For instructions to add this or any other tool to your site, see How do I add a tool to my site?
When you select a Web Link in your site's Tool Menu:
- Some secure web pages (URLs starting with https://) open within the main UVACollab window in your site.
- Non-secure web pages (URLs starting with http://) open in a new browser tab or window.
Pictured above is a Web Link to a Google document, Class Notes, where the linked document has opened within the main UVACollab window. The document allows anyone with the link to edit it, so students can contribute to the notes.
Pictured above is a Web Link to the Oxford Dictionary website, where the linked website has opened in a new browser tab after selecting the link in the UVACollab site's Tool Menu.
Pictured above is a Web Link to a Presentations folder in Resources. In this example, the site's Resources tool is hidden; however, the Web Link will allow students access to a specific Resources folder via the Tool Menu.