How do I create and edit multiple syllabus items?
Instructors can create and edit multiple syllabus items at once in the Syllabus tool. These features could be used to organize content into separate sections or to adjust availability dates for multiple syllabus items at once.
Navigate to a section using the links below:
- Enter a title for the syllabus items into the Title field.
- Select Create syllabus items by number of items needed.
- Enter the number of syllabus items you wish to create into the Number of Items field.
- Select the Add and Publish button.
Syllabus items may be modified globally in the following ways:
- Publish or unpublish all syllabus items.
- Remove all syllabus items.
To make global modifications, select the appropriate box in the Syllabus Item row at the top of the list. If this is the only change you wish to make, select Update at the bottom of the screen to save changes.
By default, syllabus items created in the Bulk Add tab are numbered according to the number of items entered during the creation process. To edit item names, select the Syllabus Item field for the item and enter a new name.
To edit the contents of a syllabus item, select the Edit Item link below the Syllabus Item field. For more information about editing a single syllabus item, see How do I edit a syllabus item?
To reorder syllabus items, select the up arrow (Move item up) or down arrow (Move item down) icons to move items up or down in the list.
To make syllabus items available at particular dates and times, follow the steps below:
- Select the calendar icon in the Start Time and End Time fields to the right of the item.
- Choose the date and time in the calendar widget.
- Select Done.
Published or visible syllabus items are visible to all users who access the Syllabus tool. Unpublished or hidden syllabus items are visible to the instructor only.
You can publish a syllabus item by selecting the Publish checkbox to the right of the item. You can unpublish individual syllabus items by deselecting the Publish checkbox to the right of the item.
To remove individual syllabus items, select the Remove checkbox to the right of the item.