How do I un-hide (show) hidden files or folders in Resources?
If you have hidden files or folders to prevent student/member access to them, you can un-hide (show) them to allow access. You can select multiple files or folders to show on the main Resources page, or you can edit details on a specific file or folder to show it.
- Choosing to Show a hidden folder automatically makes the items within it available, unless those items have been individually hidden.
- Folders that are hidden but allow access to their contents can only be shown by editing each folder's details. See Edit Details to modify visibility of a specific file or folder.
- Check the box(es) next to the hidden file(s) or folder(s) you want to show.
- Select the Show button at the top of the Resources list.
- Instructors (or other site participants with appropriate permissions) see hidden Resources items in gray.
- Hidden folders that have visible contents cannot be displayed this way. (See Edit Details to modify visibility of a specific file or folder for how to un-hide hidden folders that have visible contents).
A confirmation page listing item(s) to show will display. Select Show to make the file(s) and/or folder(s) visible to site participants.
Note: If you show a folder, all of the files within the folder are automatically visible, unless they have been individually hidden.
- To the right of the Resources file or folder you would like to show, select the Actions menu.
- Select Edit Details.
Note: On mobile devices or small screens, the Actions menu displays as a down arrow icon.
- To show a folder, select the Show this folder radio button.
- To show a file, select the Show this item radio button.
Note: Choosing to Show a hidden folder automatically makes available the items within it, unless those items have been individually hidden.