How do I upload a new version of a file in Resources or File Drop?
Go to Resources or File Drop.
Select Resources or File Drop from the tool menu in your site.
Select Actions, then Upload New Version.
- To the right of the file you would like to replace, select the Actions menu.
- Select Upload New Version.
Note: On mobile devices or small screens, the Actions menu displays as a down arrow icon.
Choose the file to upload.
- Select the Choose File or Browse... button, depending on your web browser.
- Locate and select the new version of the file to upload from your computer.
- Select Open.
Notify site participants of the file upload. (Optional)
You can choose to send an automatic email notification to site participants with a link to the new version of the file.
By default, No notification is sent. Select High - All participants to send an email to everyone in your UVACollab site who can access the file. Select Low - Not received by those who have opted out to send an email only to those who have chosen to receive Resources notifications in their preferences.
Note: If the file is uploaded to a folder that is only available to a specific group, only members of that group will receive the email notification.
Select Upload New Version Now.
- The file name of the file's new version is displayed to the right of the Choose File or Browse... button, depending on your web browser.
- Select Upload New Version Now to confirm the replacement of the file.
View the new file.
The new version of the file replaces the original file. In the Modified column, the date will be updated to reflect when you uploaded the new version.
- The display name for the new file remains the same as the original file.
- On mobile devices or small screens, the Modified column does not display.