How do I edit a Web Link?
You may edit a Web Link to change its Title (the link text) or modify the icon associated with the link in the Tool Menu. If the linked web page or Resources folder or file loads within the UVACollab frame, you may also specify the size of the frame or select to have the linked page open in a new browser tab or window instead.
Depending on your internet browser settings and the type of Web Link you selected, a new tab or window with the linked web site may have opened and your view may have been switched to the new tab or window. If you are viewing a new tab or window, you will need to select the tab or window in which UVACollab is open to go back to the Re-launch page for the Web Link tool on UVACollab.
The Customize Web Content page displays. You may edit any or all of the following:
- Page Title - This is the text of the link that appears in the site's Tool Menu. For accessibility, you should use meaningful text to describe the linked web page or Resources folder or file.
- Choose a custom icon - You may select a different icon than the default globe icon to appear in the Tool Menu of your site with the Web Link. For steps to search for and choose an icon, see How do I customize the icon for a Web Link?
- Frame Height or Custom height - If the linked web page loads within the UVACollab frame, you can either use the Frame Height drop-down menu to specify the height of the frame in pixels, or type a Custom height in the box provided if you prefer a different height than those available in the menu.
- URL - The web address of the linked web page or Resources folder or file.
- Open in new window? - If the linked web page or Resources folder or file loads within the UVACollab frame, select this check box to make it open in a new window instead.