How do I edit a syllabus item?
Instructors can edit any syllabus item in their site to adjust the title, content, and attached files. You can also adjust the settings, such as viewing permissions and availability dates.
To edit a syllabus item, select the pencil (Edit) icon to the right of the syllabus title.
- Edit the title for the syllabus item in the Title field.
- If desired, enter any additional text or other content into the Content field.
Note: After entering text or other content into the editor in UVACollab, we recommend using the Accessibility Checker to confirm that the content is fully accessible to all site participants. See How do I check my content for accessibility? for more information on the Accessibility Checker and instructions for checking content.
On the page that appears, you can set the audience for the syllabus item.
- Selecting the World Readable button will make the syllabus item's content and attachments visible to anyone via the Class Details page in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Selecting the UVa Only button will make the syllabus item's content visible to anyone via the Class Details page, but any attachments will not be accessible from SIS.
- Selecting the Site Participants Only option will make the content and attachments associated the syllabus items restricted to participants of the site.
To add additional attachments, select Add attachments.
In the Upload a local file tab, select the Choose File button to browse for and open a file from your computer.
If you would like to choose a file from Resources, follow the steps below. If you uploaded a local file, continue to Confirm the file you will add.
- Open the Select from resources tab.
- Select the Attach a copy link to the right of the file you want to attach.
- To use a file located in another site, select Show other sites. Then, choose the name of the site in which the attachment is located to locate and select it.
To display and allow access to the syllabus item during a selected period of time, choose a Start Date and End Date by selecting the Calendar icons to the right of each field.
- By default, students are not notified each time a syllabus item is created or edited.
- To send a higher priority notification, select High from the Email Notification dropdown menu. This notification will be sent to all site participants.
- To send a lower priority notification, select Low from the Email Notification dropdown menu. This notification will not be sent to students who have opted out of low priority notifications.