How do I navigate in the Resources tool?
Site participants can navigate to content in Resources by opening and closing all folders, accessing individual folders, or by using the All Site Files feature to locate and search for files. You can also view copyright notices and item descriptions from a list of files.
Go to Resources.
Select the Resources tool from the tool menu of your site.
Expand All to open all folders.
Select the two diagonal arrows icon (Expand All) to open up and display the contents of all folders and subfolders.
Collapse All to close all folders.
Select the two diagonal arrows icon (Collapse All) to close all folders and subfolders.
Refresh to return to the main Resources folder.
Select the Resources (Tool Home) link at the top of the screen to return to the main Resources folder with all its subfolders closed.
Select the folder icons to open and close folders.
- Select a closed folder icon (Open this folder) to open the folder and display the list of its contents.
- Select an open folder icon (Close this folder) to close the folder.
Display an item description.
Select the letter i icon (Item description) to display the Item description of a folder or file.
View subfolders and files within a specific folder.
Select the name of any folder to go to the folder, displaying just the contents of that folder.
Navigate using the All site files list.
- Select All site files near the top of the page to expand the list of folders in your site.
- Select a folder or file name to go to the folder or open the file.
- If you are using a mouse, you can click on the arrow icon (>) to the left of a folder name to expand the folder's content, displaying files or folders contained within the expanded folder.
Search in All site files.
- While the All site files list is expanded, you can enter text in the Search box to find resources with names that include your search terms.
- Files and folders found by the search will display with bold, italicized names that are highlighted in yellow. The names of folders that contain the items will display as normal text. Select a folder or file name to go to the folder or open the file.
Navigate using breadcrumb links.
If you are viewing a specific folder, your location in the folder structure is indicated with breadcrumb links near the top of the page. You can select a folder name from the breadcrumb links to navigate to that containing folder.
In the example pictured above, we are viewing the PowerPoint Presentations folder, which is a subfolder in the Student Projects folder. The Student Projects folder is in Resources in the 20Su Family in OF Saints Lives site, so the breadcrumbs display as follows:
20Su Family in OF Saints Lives Resources / Student Projects / PowerPoint Presentations
We can select 20Su Family in OF Saints Lives Resources to go to the main page of Resources, or Student Projects to go to the Student Projects folder.