How do I edit the settings of a page in Lessons?
You can adjust the settings of a page in Lessons to make pages prerequisites for each other, control the visibility of a page, give students points for completing a page's requirements, and to customize the style of the page.
Go to Lessons.
Select the Title of the page (e.g., Lessons, Activities, Week: 1) from the tool menu in your site.
Select the cog (Settings) icon from the menu at the top of the page.
Adjust the page settings.
- Edit the Page title field to change the title that appears at the top of the page in Lessons. This will not affect the title in the tool menu. You can edit the title of the tool menu by following the steps in How do I rearrange or rename the items in the tool menu?
- To prevent the release of the page until all required pages above it have been completed, select Don't Release Page Until All Prerequisites are Completed. For more information, see How do I require completion of a page in Lessons?
- Select Require This Page to require that students open and complete the required items on this page before they can access the pages below it that require prerequisites. For more information, see How do I require completion of a page in Lessons?
- Select Hide this page from users (page will not appear in left margin) to hide this page from site participants. Site administrators will still be able to access the hidden page.
- Select Hide page until the following date (the page will be listed with the release date) to prevent site participants from accessing the page until a certain date and time. Site administrators will still be able to access the page before the specified date.
- To add a gradebook item for this page to Gradebook, select Create Gradebook item when page is completed. Then, enter the total points for the page in the field provided.
- Customize the style of the Lessons page with a CSS file. For more information, see How do I customize the look and feel of pages in Lessons?
- Select Save.