How do I reorder announcements?
Click on an announcement and drag it to a new position in the list of announcements. The announcement that you have selected will be green until it is dropped in its new location. It will turn blue for a few seconds before it reverts to the default gray color.
There are five options that allow you to auto-sort announcements:
- Sort by subject - Orders the announcements in alphabetical order according to the subject line.
- Sort by author - Orders the announcements in alphabetical order according to the person who created the announcement.
- Sort by beginning date - Orders the announcements based on the beginning date.
- Sort by ending date - Orders the announcements based on the ending date.
- Sort by modification date - Orders the announcements in order based on the most recent modification date.
When you select one of these options, an arrow icon (Sort by subject, author, beginning date, ending date or modified date ascending or descending) appears beside it to indicate if the list is sorted in ascending or descending order.
In the image above, the announcements are sorted by beginning date, with the most recent at the top and the oldest at the bottom. The arrow icon (Sort by beginning date descending) points down. If the Sort by beginning date link is clicked again, the arrow icon (Sort by beginning date ascending) will point up showing that the oldest announcements are at the top and the most recent ones are at the bottom of the list.