How do I create and edit multiple syllabus items associated with particular dates and times?
- Enter a title for the syllabus items into the Title field.
- Select the Create syllabus items by dates button.
- Set the date range for the syllabus items by selecting the calendar icon next to the Start Date and End Date fields.
- Set the start time and end time for the syllabus items by selecting the calendar icon next to the Start Time and End Time fields.
- Select the days of the week for the syllabus items.
- Select the Add and Publish button. Syllabus items will be created for each day of the week within the date range set above.
Users accessing the Syllabus tool will see all of the syllabus items, along with the dates and times associated with them.
- To view the contents of an item, select the item.
- To view the contents of all items simultaneously, select the Expand All button at the top of the screen.
Syllabus items may be modified globally in the following ways:
- Publish or unpublish all syllabus items.
- Remove all syllabus items.
To make global modifications, select the appropriate box in the Syllabus Item row at the top of the list. If this is the only change you wish to make, select Update at the bottom of the screen to save changes.
By default, syllabus items created in the Bulk Add tab are numbered according to the number of items entered during the creation process. To edit item names, select the Syllabus Item field for the item and enter a new name.
To edit the contents of a syllabus item, select the Edit Item link below the Syllabus Item field. For more information about editing a single syllabus item, see How do I edit a syllabus item?
To reorder syllabus items, select the up arrow (Move item up) or down arrow (Move item down) icons to move items up or down in the list.
To make syllabus items available at particular dates and times, follow the steps below:
- Select the calendar icon in the Start Time and End Time fields to the right of the item.
- Choose the date and time in the calendar widget.
- Select Done.
Published or visible syllabus items are visible to all users who access the Syllabus tool. Unpublished or hidden syllabus items are visible to the instructor only.
You can publish a syllabus item by selecting the Publish checkbox to the right of the item. You can unpublish individual syllabus items by unselecting the Publish checkbox to the right of the item.
To remove individual syllabus items, select the Remove checkbox to the right of the item.